Just a quick post today, all about Online Shopping. How often do YOU shop online?
Lots of people do LOTS of online shopping EVERY DAY! Between the convenience, the selection, and the pandemic – numbers are continuing to rise.
Personally, I like to shop in the store for some things – I like to try on clothes in person, for instance. But for other purchases, online shopping rocks! Here’s a few things I shop online for: hotels, airline tickets (soon, I hope), car rentals, vitamins, some clothing, personalized greeting cards, gifts, calendars, photobooks, books, household items, and more. Not to mention virtual athletic activities – like runs and Caminos.
You can probably come up with more tips (you are Smart Shopper, right?). Here are a few:
- Shop around. Many items are available from more than one retailer. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples, though, and not totally different items.
- Don’t just go by the lowest price – you get what you pay for!
- Of course make sure the site you are on is secure.
- Look at reviews, this is a nice advantage of shopping online.
- Measure, if possible. I recently ordered some goggles to fit over my glasses. They looked big enough, but when I received them they weren’t even close.
- Look for hidden costs. This may include duties if shipping from out of the country, or extra taxes for hotels and flights.
- Speaking of out-of-country, watch out for which currency you are looking at. Usually in the top right corner (or thereabouts) you can choose your country/currency.
- How much is shipping? Often there are choices, depending how quickly you want it, or how big your order is.
- What’s the return policy? I like it when I can order online but return to a local store.
- Can you double dip with any loyalty programs for the store and/or your credit card?
- And the best for last: Can you get Cashback? Check www.cashbackworld.com to see if what you want is available from one of our merchants! Not a member yet? Click HERE to join for free and start enjoying benefits right away!
Got any more tips? Let me know:)